This is a brief overview of the activities that typically occur on your surgery day:
- You will be admitted to the hospital or surgery center.
- Your vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature, will be measured.
- A clean hospital gown will be provided.
- All jewelry, dentures, contact lenses, and nail polish must be removed.
- An IV will be started to give you fluids and medication during and after the procedure.
- Your knee will be scrubbed and shaved in preparation for surgery.
- An anesthesia provider will discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used.
- Your surgeon will confirm and initial the correct surgical site.
All information provided on this website is for information purposes only. Every patient’s case is unique and each patient should follow his or her doctor’s specific instructions. Please discuss nutrition, medication and treatment options with your doctor to make sure you are getting the proper care for your particular situation. If you are seeking this information in an emergency situation, please call 911 and seek emergency help.
All materials copyright © 2018 Smith & Nephew, All Rights Reserved.