EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Knox College, Galensburg, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Orthopedic Internship: Carolinas Medical Center Program, Charlotte, NC
- Orthopedic Residency: Carolinas Medical Center Program, Charlotte, NC
- Sports Surgery Fellowship: Kaiser Permanente, Irvine, CA
- Shoulder injuries and arthritis
- Shoulder replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Knee ligament and meniscus injury
- ACL Reconstruction
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Revision of failed shoulder surgery
Dr. Gorbaty enjoys working with patients and families toward the goal of leading active, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyles. He practices using a combination of time-tested treatments that work, with modern techniques and technologies. His philosophy for taking care of patients is centered on providing personalized, compassionate, and high-quality care that meets the unique needs of each patient.
He believes in a collaborative approach to care, working closely to develop a treatment plan while providing education, and detailed explanations of procedures and treatment options to help patients make informed decisions about their care. His goal, always, is for the best outcome for his patient.
Dr. Gorbaty enjoys snowboarding, hiking, and cycling with his wife (a pediatrician). He is an avid PNW sports fan. He also enjoys travel, reading, and trying new food.