Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Louisiana State University Health New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Fellowship: Rocky Mountain Spine Clinic, Denver, CO
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Skagit Northwest Orthopedic Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Island Hospital
Dr. Dawei Lu is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon specializing in adult degenerative conditions of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Lu’s surgical expertise lies in minimally invasive spine surgery, and he uses the latest techniques and procedures to ensure patients are treated individually to attain the best possible outcomes.
Dr. Lu is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana, where he underwent his undergraduate studies at Tulane University and his medical school training at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Lu went on to complete his residency in orthopedic surgery at Louisiana State University Health New Orleans. He then chose to undergo additional specialty training by completing an orthopedic and neurosurgical fellowship at Rocky Mountain Spine Clinic in Denver, Colorado, focusing on minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Lu is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society.
In his free time, Dr. Lu enjoys downhill skiing, mountain and road cycling, boating, and fishing.